Well, one of my pseudo-resolutions was to post more, but that didn't happen, sooo, whoops? It's only 10 days into the new year, and here's what we've been up to:
- We spent time with both sides of the family! CJ really enjoyed bonding with family...he's a loving little boy who seems to create attachments easily. It's very sweet to see him want to snuggle up to a grandma or uncle, or chase a cousin around. AWESOME!
- We all took the time off between Christmas and New Years. It was really fun to hang out a lot as our little family of three. I think all this one-on-one parental time tripled CJ's vocabulary...he's now throwing around words like "mailbox" and "hitch" like it's no big thing. WHAT??
- The big news is that the little dude moved up into Early Preschool this past Monday. I swear he came home looking like an older kid. Four days in, and we can see so many changes already. He's the youngest in his class and is learning lots of things, good and bad, from his friends. It's going to be really exciting to see what's next!
- Various plagues are raining down across Minnesota, and I caught one of them. The stomach flu variety. This one was especially awesome and took me out for four days...two of them spent in the bathroom. Thank goodness I had cleaned toilets a few days before.
- Last but certainly not least, I have eleventy-billion irons in the fire at work. I am executing so many communications plans, I've turned into a machine. It's nice to be busy...but it's getting a bit bananas. We don't see too much light at the end of the tunnel just yet, but it's all work towards an overall goal I believe in, so it's all good. But busy. Like, no time to knit busy.
The next big event in our lives is that our little bud turns TWO a week from Sunday! How is that possible?!?!? He's growing up so fast, but I'm relishing every minute of it!